2/21/11
We have met at the temporary HQ for Local 33, a rental unit near the Burbank Airport. Apparently we need to do some training. I find it interesting that I’ve been a stagehand since high school and the only training I have had has been from real life experiences, unless you count getting a job right out of high school at Orange County College as a Tech Director. The good part about that was I was theatre staff, so I could sit in on any class for free. The bad part was I have no transcripts for two years of college education. But I wonder, which was more valuable, the education or the piece of paper? But I digress.
Apparently training will be from 9 to 6, so I can still take the kids to school. Training will include the OSHA 10 hour course on construction site safety. We watch videos on the computer and answer questions. No to hard. I met Cirque’s training person, Melissa, and the IT guy, Rick, as well as a few other electric crew members.
No comments:
Post a Comment