12/10/10
I received a postcard in the mail last week announcing a new show at the Kodak theatre was looking for any and all qualified stagehands to submit a resume at a ‘Meet & Greet’ in the Kodak theatre. So I went. We met 9 heads of departments (HOD) for Cirque Du Soleil, took a tour of the theatre, and watched some footage of Cirque behind the scenes. We got a chance to talk with the HOD’s after the tour, and I set up an interview with Chris Latsch, who had been a HOD for about two days, and had just flown in from Vegas for the meeting. I saw some familiar faces from local 33, some I expected to see were missing for some reason, and many I didn’t know. My old boss from ‘Passions’ was there, and we reconnected after many years. Nice guy.
I received a call confirming my interview! Damn exciting. I’ve been a ‘stay-at-home’ dad for over 3 years, and Kelley and I discussed making a change in our lives, and income, so I jumped at the chance to work in theatre again. The interview was casual, and kind of fun. I was very relaxed, and comfortable. Chris was a bit nervous. I thought the interview went well, but I’m a poor judge of these things. We’ll see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment